Friday, October 30, 2009

"you must be this tall to ride"


Yep, I've definitely jumped on the emotional roller coaster. Actually, I've been on it awhile. My triggers have included: not getting my period, my hormones being screwed up, being mad at myself for not losing weight, and having bronchitis, being isolated, and feeling lonely and unvalidated.
But, I think the first step for me to get off of it is to admit (gulp), I have been reacting like a six-year old. I am "borderline moody" and impulsive.
I HATE having to admit that. I've been blaming so many ohter things and other people for behaving the way I have. I haven't slown down to really acknowledge that I have the ability to control how I react to things.
Maybe, now I can begin that journey of trying to get off the roller coaster and find some peace.
I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud that you can recognize how YOU are reacting in all of this. Not everyone comes that far in their journey, I can tell you that. It takes a lot of skill & mindfulness to admit what you've admitted here. Now comes the changing of the behaviour part - but you're half way there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say what?