Monday, October 13, 2008

Closure

I've been "borderline depressed" off and on a few past weeks. I think it has to not getting closure with this person I had a huge blowout with the end of summer. This person is not working on himself or is not in therapy, so how do I teeell him about the importance of closure and how unhealthy this is for me? He's kind of brushed it off, but I think becasue of not talking about it, it's spun me into being borderline. Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this- to feel better about not having closure with something that affected my life so much?

2 comments:

  1. I think sometimes closure comes over time. Not everyone I've ever needed closure from has given me what I've needed, even though it was important to me. It just happens that way sometimes. Unfortunately, I've had to learn to give myself closure, which has meant lots of painstaking time processing via venting, talking it out with whoever is supportive, journaling, blogging, and all kinds of other stuff. Whatever works. It happens, but it's not an easy road.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Say what?